Frequently Asked Questions
- How does HEF decide what to fund each year?
- The Healdsburg Education Foundation works closely with the Healdsburg Unified School District to determine the most pressing needs district-wide that will serve the greatest number of students each year. Our Programs Committee meets regularly with both the District Superintendent and the Director of Curriculum & Instruction to ensure that the programs being funded by HEF uphold our values of equity and access to an excellent, well-rounded education that will prepare our students for success in college, career, and citizenship.
- What if I would like to donate to something that isn't listed in your Funding Priorities?
- Great question! You are always welcome to designate your gift however you choose, and as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit we will honor that designation and ensure it is appropriately distributed. You may let us know by phone or via email, and you will be mailed a thank you letter recognizing your gift designation.
- We encourage our donors to give to our Annual Fund Campaign because this enables us to ensure that money is allocated to wherever it is needed most. In past years when HEF fundraised in the "Adopt-A-Class" model, we found that some classrooms began thriving while others were left with far fewer resources. Since our first priority is ensuring an excellent education for ALL of our students, we felt this shift to a new model of district determined priorities better served both our students and teachers.
- What is the difference between HEF and the PTO?
- The Healdsburg Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so your gifts to HEF are all tax-deductible. HEF funds larger-scale programs and initiatives that the district otherwise could not pursue- enabling our schools the flexibility to pilot new programs, receive additional staff coaching and development, ensure up to date technology, and provide extensive support systems for all of our students. The PTO funds smaller, though no-less important needs such as regular classroom supplies, partial field trip funding, materials for school events, and more. Our Healdsburg public schools are fortunate to benefit from having both organizations invested in their success, and we admire the work of our campus PTOs!
- Do you have any volunteer opportunities? Volunteer opportunities vary, please contact the office at 707.433.1223 to see what our current volunteer needs are.